So, once again this year I am having a problem with an amorous bird. Some of you may remember the difficulties I had 2 years ago with a robin. This year we have a cardinal that is continually hurtling himself at our windows. At the beginning of the month, I had at least 5 male cardinals and almost as many females that were frequent visitors to my bird feeders. Well this cardinal, let’s just call him my nemesis, has run off all the other males and now occupies his day by trying to chase off his reflection. I work from home so I can hear him banging against the various windows around the house ALL DAY.
Even though I am having these issues with my nemesis, I couldn’t resist using one of the new March releases from Tiffany Doodles to make a card. I really enjoyed coloring this gorgeous image. (Yes, my coloring mojo made a brief appearance!)
This card actually uses the 2nd image that I colored. On the first, I was pretty much finished but was going to add a bit more shading. I grabbed my Copic W3 (or so I thought) to give him a bit more shading on his wing. The problem was that I actually grabbed a W9. Yikes! It was totally beyond repair. I hate when that happens!
The clouds behind the cardinal were created using the tutorial mentioned in this post.
Here is a look at the complete set. Don’t forget, all March releases, including this set, are on sale for 10% off through March 31. Stop by the Tiffany Doodles blog to see other gorgeous creations using these images.
Here is a photo of my nemesis. The first picture is of him planning his attack. The second is how I see him most often lately.
Happy Friday! Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Cardinal Pair (digital stamp) by Tiffany Doodles, Mega Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink
- Inks: Stampin’ Up Ruby Red
- Papers: Neenah Crest solar white CS, Papertrey kraft CS, Bazzill Basics CS, October Afternoon Sidewalks paper pad, sheet music
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Die-Namics Scallop die, Papertrey Tiny Tags die, Bow Easy, Copic markers
- Embellishments: Cream Hug Snug seam binding, misc. button & baker’s twine
- Outlawz Challenges Pam032412 - Add a Bow
- Crafty Purple Frog - 2W, SIO - (2nd week) Anything goes
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best - SIO – Friendship
- Do You Stack Up? - 3E - Sew it
- Little Darlings Challenges - 2W, SIO - #20 Outside
- Little Red Wagon - #126 clouds
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
- Waste Not Wednesday - JFF - always "use your forgotten stuff" (OLD sheet music stash, old buttons & twine)
- Party Time Tuesdays - 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT #61 Anything Goes
- Ribbon Carousel Challenge - must include spooled item - #46 Anything Goes
- That’s Krafty Thursday – kraft
- Bloggers - JFF - For the Birds
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - 3E - 3 of a kind (3 rows of scallops)
- Crafty Catz - 1E - Use a digi image
- Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes
- Phindy’s Place - 3E, SIO - Ribbon