I’m typing up this blog post in my new (almost finished) craft room, or as my husband calls it, “The Girl Cave”! I even have a TV so I can SYTYCD! Now I just need to figure out a place to stash a mini-fridge and I might never come out. I’ll try to take some pictures to post soon.
I actually took a break this week from the Meljen’s Designs challenges which is one of the perks of being a senior DT member. But it feels really strange so I though I would post this card I made a couple of weeks ago but hadn’t shared with you yet. I printed out this image because I really wanted to color something with strawberries. Strawberries always remind me of summer and they are especially beautiful this year. (Extra yummy and sweet!) I had to pair this sweet Strawbeary Fairy with some of my favorite October Afternoon papers. I only have a few pieces and scraps left from this collection, but they work so well with this image that I busted them out of my stash.
Just because I took a break this week (sort of), doesn’t mean there isn’t anything going on at the Meljen’s Designs blog. Since it is Thursday, Melissa is releasing new digital images on Whimsy Stamps today. You can get a peek at them below. There is also a new challenge. Challenge #66 is “No More Than 2 Layers”. You can stop by the Meljen’s Designs blog to see some inspiration from the DT. I hope you’ll link up your project.
Here’s a look at the new release.
While you here, don’t forget to check out my “Color Your World” blog candy. There is still plenty of time to jump in!
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of the week!
- Stamps: Strawberry Fairy by Meljen’s Designs available on Whimsy Stamps
- Inks: None
- Papers & CS: Papertrey white CS, Neenah Solar Crest CS, Bazzill Basics red CS, October Afternoon Fly a Kit DP pad
- Tools: Copic markers, Sewing Machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities ,Stampin’ Up oval punch
- Embellishments: Liquid pearls, misc. ribbon, button, crochet cotton string, Sakura white pen
- All Sorts Challenge – Free & Easy
- By the Cute & Girly – Things with Wings
- Catch The Bug – Anything Goes
- Catered Crop – FTR15 Recipe (used red, anything that grows in the ground(strawberry), polka dots, digital stamp, dimensional adhesive, buttons)
- Clear It Out – Wings
- Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes
- Creative Stamp Friends – Dots
- Deep Ocean Challenge – Cards
- Desert Island – used Copics, Nesties, Ribbon, Pop Dots
- Divas by Design – Die cuts & punches
- Dream Valley – Ribbon
- Flutterby Wednesday – Open challenge
- Hand Stamped Sentiments – Buttons
- Lollipop Crafts – Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft – A la carte (food item) –strawberries
- One Stitch At A Time – use a digi
- Paper Play Challenge - Fruity
- Papertake Weekly – stitching
- Simon Says Stamp – A Stitch In Time
- Spoonful of Sugar – Anything Goes
- Stamp & Create – Ribbons & bows
- Stamp Something – Digi day
- Stampavie – More than 3 layers
- Truly Scrumptious – Things with wings