It’s Sunday so we have a new Sentimental Sundays challenge. This week, our challenge for you is to make handmade flowers to use on your creation. Don’t forget your sentiment!
There are so many wonderful tutorial on how to make your own flowers that I had a hard time deciding what to do. In the end I used the flower tutorial I found HERE to make my flowers. (If you are looking for some tutorials on making your own flowers, I keep links to some of my favorites on my Useful Information page. Feel free to check it out for ideas if you want.)
I printed a digital sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs on a journal card and trimmed it to fit my card. I was happy to make a card where the doilies I have had sitting in my craft area for ages “fit”.
I was inspired by the Viva la Verve sketch for the first week of May. (You can find it here) I really liked this sketch and think I will be turning back to it again in the future.
Last week, to celebrate the first anniversary of Sentimental Sundays, we had a mini blog hop. Each DT member that participated was giving away a digital sentiment of the winner’s choice from Raindrop Echo Designs. The winner from my blog is Jennipher Lowery! Congratulations Jennipher! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choice of digital sentiment sent from Raindrop Echo Designs. Pleas put “Blog Hop Winner” in the “subject line”.
Well, that’s all for me today. Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to stop by the Sentimental Sundays blog to download your free sentiment from Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs and see the beautiful handmade flowers from the rest of the DT. I hope you will join in our challenge too!
Don’t forget about that Sentimental Sundays is holding a DT call through May 23rd!
- Stamps: Flowers In Bloom Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs on Whimsy Stamps
- Inks: Distress Inks Antique Linen
- Papers: Papertrey kraft & dark chocolate CS, Georgia Pacific white CS, October Afternoon DP (misc. scraps)
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Provocraft Seeing Spots embossing folder, needle, Creative Memories corner rounder punch
- Embellishments: Papertrey baker’s twine, white cotton crochet thread, Stampin’ Up corduroy brad, October Afternoon Cherry Hill Journal card, Paper Studio pearls, misc. doily, fabric & buttons
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Spring inspired
- ABC DT challenge – April showers bring may flowers
- Craft Us Crazy – Favorite embellishment (bakers twine) & something new (new flowers, just learned how to make these with new fabric)
- Craft Your Passion – Check it out
- Crafty Creations – Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments – Buttons
- Crazy Challenge – Anything Goes
- Creative Card Crew – May flowers
- Creative Cowgirls – anything goes
- Delightful Challenges – Flowers
- Everybody Art Challenge – Flowers
- Frosted Design - ribbon or twine
- Gingersnap Creations - Spicy Supply challenge – twine
- Penny’s Paper Crafty challenge – anything goes
- Rainbow Lady – Let’s feel it
- Scrappy Frogs – anything goes
- Sew Many challenge – anything goes
- Stamp Something – Anything goes
- Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays – old supplies (doily, buttons, paper scraps, brad are all old)
- Sundays with Crissy – Flowers
- That’s Krafty Thursday – kraft paper
- Tiffany Doodles – Flower power
- Top Tip Challenge – flower frenzy