**You still have time to enter the drawing for my Meljen’s Designs blog candy! Check out the details HERE!**
It’s Thursday so that means it is time for the new Meljen’s Designs release on Whimsy Stamps and the new challenge. This week we are challenging you to make a masculine project. Check out the Meljen’s Designs blog for the challenge details and more inspiration from the DT.
I used “Doctor Bear” from the brand new release (available today on Whimsy Stamps) to make a get well card. Since the challenge is to make a masculine project, I kept the design and embellishments rather simple. I added some distressing to the edges of the paper. I don’t know why but it seems I can’t make a masculine card with out some distressing. Notice, no sewing! I think since I worked the kinks out of my new sewing machine that I have had sewing on almost every card. I did sneak in a little paper piercing to keep it from being too plain. (And I used some of the new goodies from the scrapbook store bus tour I went on a couple of weeks ago. I love crafting with new goodies!)
I know, each week I say Melissa’s new images are the cutest and then the next week she comes up with something even cuter. But, here is a look at the newest, cutest images. They go perfectly with the Hero word art freebie posted on the Meljen’s Designs blog on Monday.
Let me tell you a little story behind this set that makes me love it even more than usual. A couple of weeks ago, the DT members were chatting on the design team blog and we came up with an idea for a cute set made up of heroes. Check it out! Melissa created a set for us. Isn’t that the coolest? I also love this set because it is perfect for OWH cards. I can also see using it for the various “heroes” in my life and it would be great for cards for little boys. Oh the ideas I have floating around in my head. So many ideas and not enough time to create them all.
I hope you will take some time to create a card for a man/boy in your life and join in our “masculine” challenge. I can’t wait to see what you make!
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Doctor Bear by Meljen’s Designs and Get Well Soon Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs (Both available on Whimsy Stamps)
- Inks: none
- Papers & CS: PaperTrey kraft & dark chocolate CS, Neenah Crest solar white CS, My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue paper pad
- Tools: Fiskars paper crimping tool, Copic markers, PaperTrey rick rack die
- Embellishments: the Twinery cappuccino bakers twine, misc. button, Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper clip
- Aly’s Sunday Challenge – Baker’s twine
- AUD Sentiments – Anything goes
- Bunny Zoe – one for the boys
- Crafty Catz – furry friends
- Delightful Challenges – Paper peircing or piecing
- Fun with Shapes – animals
- Scrap Creations – Digital
- Lady Bugs Crafts Ink – Anything Goes
- Little Claire’s – Animals
- Shelly’s Images Terrifically Thrilling Thursday – Show us what you got
- That’s Krafty Thursday – use kraft
- Top Tip Challenge – open
- Whoopsi Daisy – free & easy