I am going to keep this post short and sweet. It is the Memorial Day holiday weekend here in the United States and I am sure you have fun things planned
This week's theme on the Sentimental Sundays Challenge blog is "Thankful". I decided to make a card for my daughter's teacher. I broke out my brand new pad of Thrift Shop paper from October Afternoon. I LOVE this paper. (I was excited to hear that Archivers is going to start carrying October Afternoon! Woohoo!)
I was inspired to pair up the sunny yellow paper with the black & white polka dot paper after seeing this photo for the EtsyInspired Challenge.
I also prettied up the inside.
Please join us and share your "Thankful" cards for a chance to win some wonderful digital sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs. Stop by the Sentimental Sundays blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the DT and to download this week's free sentiments.
Take a moment to remember our fallen heroes this weekend. If you would like to make a card thanking our men and women in the armed forces, Ann from Raindrop Echo Designs offered these fabulous freebies, For Our Troops, for your use.
Thank you for looking! Have a happy and safe holiday week end.
Challenges for this card:
- All Sorts Challenge - #54 Black, White, one other color
- Etsy Inspired Challenge - #90 Sunshyne Silverwear
- Flutterby Wednesday - #111 Anything Goes
- Jacksonbelle Embellishments - JBE107 Use black, a neutral, and another color
- Lucy's Cards - Challenge 10 - digital
- Tuesday Morning Sketches - Sketch #47
- Images: Thank You Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs
- Papers & CS: Thrift Shop by October Afternoon, Vintage Cream CS from PTI, misc. black CS from Hobby Lobby
- Inks: Versamark ink (only for applying glitter to the butterfly's wings)
- Tools & Embellishments: Martha Stewart border & butterfly punch, Stampin' Up Heat & Stick powder, misc. black chunky glitter, misc. pearls & gemstones, paper piercer