Saturday, February 27, 2010
THIS POST WILL STAY ON THE TOP UNTIL SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27TH.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MY MOST RECENT POST.
I was just stamping some House Mouse images for a swap when I thought some of my followers may like House Mouse. I will be giving away 3 of each of the following images stamped in Memento Ink on Georgia Pacific card stock. All I ask is that you are signed up as a follower and insert your information in Mr. Linky below. I will randomly pick a winner during the evening of Saturday, February 27th.
The images included are:
O Lucky Day
A Carrot Between Friends
I thought that these are seasonally appropriate for St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and (hopefully) spring.
UPDATE: If you would like to join in and don't have a blog, you can put my blog address in Mr. Linky but be sure to put your email address in the comments. To help avoid spam, you can type your email address in this format: shestampsblog at yahoo dot com.
Friday, February 26, 2010
** Updated Featured on Any Stamp Will Do March 2010
- Stamps: Inkadinkadoo Birds Galore, Close To My Heart Best Wishes
- Papers & CS: Close To My Heart Perfect Day DP & Cocoa and Juniper CS, Stampin' Up white CS
- Inks: Close To My Heart Juniper, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip
- Embellishments & Tools: Brown ribbon, Making Memories gemstone brads, George & Storybook Cricut cartridges, Prima Flower, Pearl Glimmer Mist, Spellbinders Nestabilities
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Check out that picture taken in my new light box. My husband made me a light box last week end and I love it. Thank you Honey! (You can find the easy instructions on how to build your own light box HERE.)
Speaking of birthdays, check out Lacey Stephen's post. She is helping to collect cards for a friend's aunt's 100th birthday. If you are interested, Lacey's post explains how to send your card and she has also included the chance for some blog candy.
That's all I have for you today. Have a great week end. I will be back on Monday with my Lindsay's Stamp Stuff posting.
** Updated - This card was featured on Any Stamp Will Do March 2010
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge-#39 Ribbons & Sparkle
Crafty Calendar Challenge - #5 Love & Friendship
Crafty Creations- Cut It Out and Pop It Up
Cupcake Craft challenge - #79 Friends
Gingersnap Creations - Birthday
Moxie Fab World - Olympics Of Stamping Challenge (Birthday)
Paper Sundaes - #6 Distressing
Rosie Dees Challenge - #65 Friends
Saturday Spotlight - Doing the Mess Around
Totally Gorjuss - #18 Flower Power
- Stamps: Felicity Alphabet, True Friends, and Weathered Blocks all from Close To My Heart
- Paper & CS: CTMH Veranda DP & Juniper CS, misc textured brown, The Paper Company Neutral Ivory
- Ink: CTMH Juniper, Garden Green, Creme Brule
- Tools & Embellishments: CTMH sanding block and edge distressing tool, CTMH flowers & Creme Brule grosgrain stitched ribbon, Making Memories gemstone brad, Hero Arts Clear gemstones
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
I made this card for a friend's birthday and couldn't wait to post it (but I had to wait to give it to my friend before I could show you here.) Happy Birthday Joy!
I really had fun making this card. Could this image from Squigglefly be any more fun?
I created the polka dot back ground paper by printing my black & white digital paper on my red CS.
Challenges for this card:
Crafty Angels - #22 Fantastic Flowers
Cute Daisy May - Flowers
Everybody Art - #79 Easel card
Kaboodle Doodles - Fancy Folds
Lexi's Creations - Anything goes
Penny's Challenges - Birthday
Stamptacular Sunday - #46 Going in Circles
Totally Papercrafts - #4 Lots of Spots
Thank you for looking!
- STAMPS: Shady Lady by Squigglefly, It's Your Day & Spot On Backgrounds from Close To My Heart
- PAPERS & CS: Stampin' Up Real Red and Whisper White CS, Paper Studio black CS, Out On the Town digital paper pack by Penny Springman from the Sweet Shoppe Designs, Georgia Pacific white CS
- INKS: Stampin' Up Basic Black and Real Red
EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: Real Red, Creamy Carmel, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa Stampin' Up markers, Prismacolor pencil 927 & OMS, black brads, black ribbon, EK Success flower punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Sakura black pen & clear glitter Gelly Roll pen
Monday, February 22, 2010
I used Lindsay's new set Birds & Branches on both cards. I really enjoyed coloring this image. I love this set and know it is going to be one of my "go to" sets in the future. Aren't the mailbox and the bird houses in this set adorable?
Since I really didn't have a bow on the card and I had some new Flower Soft to play with, I decided to make a quick second card. Birds & Branches can be used if you want to take your time and color or if you want to put together a quick card. I colored the flowered branch with my SU markers and then glued the Flower Soft to the branches. This card was super quick to make and I really like how it turned out. (I think it took me longer to get the bow tied right than to make the rest of the card!)
My husband made me a light box this week end using the tutorial from HERE. (Isn't he sweet? He also made dinner on Sunday. He's a keeper.) I think the colors of the cards look more true-to-life. What do you think of the photo quality?
While you are out and about on the internet today, please stop by the rest of the DT to see what kind of projects they have using buttons and bows.
My mail box card also fits the following challenges:
Bee Crafty - #24 Sew Cute
Corrosive Challenge - #52 Wings
Crafty Creations - #55 Stitching
Inky Impressions - #30 Think Spring
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge - MTSC61
One Stitch at a Time - Stitching
A Spoon Full of Sugar - #91 Spring is in the Air
Stamp Something - Touch of spring somethings
Your Next Stamp - Spring Colors
Supplies for the mail box card:
- Images: Birds & Branches by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Faux Stitched Border by Angel's Landing used as stitching guide
- Papers & CS: PTI kraft CS, Stampin' Up So Saffron CS, Georgia Pacific white CS, K&Company Wild Saffron DP
- Inks: None
- Tools & Embellishments: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip marker and ribbon, paper piercer, DMC floss, button, Prismacolor pencils & OMS, Spellbinders Nestabilities
Supplies for the branch card:
- Images: Birds & Branches by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Think Spring by Stampabilities
- Papers & CS: Georgia Pacific white CS, misc. pink CS, Stampin' Up white CS
- Inks: None
- Tools & Embellishments: Flower Soft (Sweet Pea) , Aleene's Tacky Glue, Stampin' up makers, Stampin' Up Pretty In Pink ribbon, buttons, DMC,
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Okay, it's not the best picture but you get the idea. Lately, the bird feeders have been pretty void of activity. Then I notice these characters lurking around.....
Yep, both are sitting in the trees above my feeders. (not at the same time.)
So now what do I do? Do I maintain the birdie buffet with the thought that everything has to eat? Or, do I stop feeding the little birds and hope they find another source of food in the middle of winter?
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
So I pulled out some card stock and ink pads in my favorite colors and inked up my brand new CTMH stamps. I created this card in about 20 minutes and was pretty pleased with myself. Then I realized it didn't match the sketch. That's what happens when you don't print out the sketch.
So, take 2. I went back to work and made this card that more closely matches the sketch.
I was able to make 2 easily mailed cards that can be used for a man in less than hour. I think that is a record for me. On another note, I love these colors together but why do I think "McDonald's" every time I look at these cards? Hmmm... I am feeling the need for a cheeseburger.
Challenges for these cards:
Andrea's Stampin' Moments - Sketch SS130210
Cupcake Craft Challenge - #78 Keep It Simple
Cute Daisy May Challenge - Bright & Cheerful
Thank you for looking! Have a great day.
- STAMPS: Close To My Heart Wishing Star. Also used Stampin Up Birthday Whimsy and Simple Shapes on the 2nd card
- PAPERS & CS: PTI kraft CS, Georgia Pacific white CS, Stampin' Up Real Red and So Saffron CS
- INKS: Stampin' Up Real Red and So Saffron
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: Creative Memories circle punches, misc. ribbon
Monday, February 15, 2010
Fancy Flowers is a lovely, versatile set with 9 images.
Please visit the other DT members and give them a little love.
- STAMPS: Fancy Flowers by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com
- PAPERS & CS: Shabby Hounds Tooth paper pack by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Stampin' Up white, Barely Banana, Apricot Apeal
- INKS: None
- TOOLS & EMBELLISHEMENTS: Prismacolor pencils 914,940,916,939,1033 & OMS, Pearl Glimmer Mist, CTMH ribbon, dew drops, Stampin' Up border punch
Friday, February 12, 2010
Okay, I'm gonna lay out on the table before I get too far into this post. I don't know what happened, but I think I went a little nuts with my distressing tool and sanding block on this card. I was trying to make a nice masculine looking Valentine's day card for my DH and went a little crazy. I didn't like any of my BG stamps or embossing folders for the green piece so I just CRUMBLED IT UP. Yep, I admit it. I balled up this lovely green paper as tight as I could. Then, guess what, I smoothed it out and balled it up again, again, and again.... Then I sanded it... This poor lovely green paper.... But, I think it looks kind of cool. It was a stinker to get to stick though. My tape just didn't want to hold it.
Challenges for this card:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #37 Digi Coloring
Digital-ink-co - Love
Digital Tuesday - It's all about the animals
Everybody Art Challenge - Valentine
Hand Full of Stamps - #16 Open the fun
Paper Popsicles - Animals
Pile It On - The One I Love
Simon Says Stamp -Love
Sweet Sunday Sketch #55
You can find a complete list of participants for the mygrafico customer blog hop HERE.
Also, Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico has all her holiday (Christmas, Halloween, Valentines) stamps on sale through the end of the day. You might want to get over there and take advantage of the discounts.
I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day.
- STAMPS: Pretty Primative digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com
- PAPERS & CS: That's Amore paper pack by Close To My Heart, misc. dark brown textured paper, image printed on Georgia Pacific white CS, card base Stampin' Up white CS, misc. red textured paper
- INKS: Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa (sponging) and Close To My Heart Garden Green (for leaves)
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: Stampin' Up Creamy Carmel, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and So Saffron markers, Spellbinders Nestabilities, brads, Close To My Heart edge distressing tool and sanding block.
- NOTES: Sentiment was computer generated using MS Word
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
I designed this box myself using Spellbinders Label One die for the top and bottom and using strips of paper to make the sides. Once I got my head wrapped around it, it was pretty easy and made a cute little box. I will put the details at the bottom of this post if you are interested. I used my Cricut to cut the heart and the "4" and "U" and paper pieced the little bird.
My daughter also wanted to make some Valentine treats. I already had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I thought I would let her do it to gage how easy it would be for a kid to make. Overall, I would say pretty easy with help from a parent to help with the printing and cutting. DD was able to trace the templates, cut, color and assembly mostly on her own.
To make the bag topper, I printed out 2 copies of Lindsay's printable recipe template from Recipe Digital Stamp set (at 65% & 63% of original size) to use as a template. (It is folded over the top and is just straight on the back.) I picked these sizes because they fit my little bag. You could also use almost any one of the Nesties label dies that you have, but I wanted to give it a go with out using Nesties just to see what I could do with out them.
The circle tag was a freebie from Lindsay's blog. (And, in case you were wondering, yes, this is for Troy Bolton. If you have daughters you probably know who that is. If not, trust me you are not missing much. I wonder if he is going to show up to get his treats?)
I hope you enjoyed my projects and have a very Happy Valentine's Day. Remember, if you want the instructions to make the little box, stick around and read them at the very bottom of the post.
Please stop by the rest of the DT to check out their projects.
Challenges for Treat Box:
Supplies for Treat Box:
- STAMPS: Love Grows Here digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff at mygrafico.com
- PAPERS & CS: Love Nest by My Minds Eye, misc. brown textured CS, white Georgia Pacific CS
- INKS: none
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: George & Basic stamps Cricut cartridge, fiber, buttons, DMC floss
Supplies for Treat Bag:
- STAMPS: Love Grows Here & Recipe digital stamp set, by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff at mygrafico.com, Valentine Tag freebie digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff
- PAPERS & CS: Georgia Pacific white CS, misc red CS
- INKS: none
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOL: pop dots, Stampin' Up markers, small bag
Stick with me, this is the first box I made on my own (with out a template or using my Cricut) and it was pretty easy. I will explain the best I can. I have some photos but they didn't turn out well. The lighting was horrible. Click the pictures to make them larger.
First cut out the shape you want to use for the top and bottom of you box. I used the 2nd largest die from Spellbinders Label One Nestabilities die set. Use sturdy card stock. To make the sides of the bottom part of the box, I cut a strip 1-1/2 x 11 inches long. I scored the long way at 1/2" on the side that will be inside the box. Then, scoring the short way across the strip, I scored the width at every 2-3/4". You will be creating the 4 corners of the box and have a little piece left over. It will look something like this picture.
I then used adhesive along the narrow bottom flap and attached to my box bottom. Use a strong adhesive so that it stays together. It will look something like this.
I then followed similar steps to make the top of the box. I cut a piece of paper that was about 1 x 11". I scored at 1/2" to make the strip that adheres to the top of the box. Then I scored the strip to make the corners at a little less than 2-3/4" so that it would slip into the bottom to put the lid on. I have to admit I didn't write down the exact measurements. (Sssshhhh don't tell any one but I hate fractions.)
I hope these instructions make sense to you. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments or you can email me using the addy in my profile and I will answer as quickly as I can.
Thank you for sticking with me for this long post!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
I had crocheted this flower a few months ago when the instructions where all the rage on Splitcoast and never used it. (Did you know I have a cross reference for Stampin' Up and Close To My Heart to Copic Markers, Prismacolor pencils and DMC floss in my side bar?)
This card also fits the ABC Challenge of use something new.
Well, speaking of past my bed time..... I am going to finish up this post and head to bed. This week just wore me out and I have a busy day tomorrow.
- STAMPS: Pretty Perches by Clear Dollar Stamps, Woodland Whimsy by TPC Studios
- PAPERS & CS: Stampin' Up Rose Red CS, white CS & Rose Red DP Paper Studio black CS
- INKS: Stampin' Up Rose Red and Basic Black
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: Crochet flower, button, DMC floss, paper piercer
- TECHNIQUES: Faux stitching
Thursday, February 4, 2010
- STAMPS: Winged Things digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, Take Flight by Gina K. Designs, Key To My Heart by Close To My Heart
- PAPERS & CS: Stampin' Up glossy white, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, and Whisper White CS, Paper Studio black CS
- INKS: All Stampin' Up - So Saffron, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Basic Black
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: Ranger clear fine embossing powder, Zig Emboss Writer, Provo Craft Floral Fanatasy embossing folder, Hero Arts black gemstones, Stampin' Up markers in Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Close to Cocoa, heat tool, embossing buddy
- TECHNIQUES: Embossing a digital image
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
I also wanted to share a couple of pictures of Elizabeth (oops, Liz) at her fencing class. Is it too early to hope for a scholarship???
Monday, February 1, 2010
** Updated: This card was featured on SNR Card Universe.
Although I actually had plenty of time to stamp this weekend (which usually doesn't happen), I was mojo challenged. I don't know where my muse went but it definitely was not here. It took me HOURS to make this single card which was a little frustrating since I hope to make several birthday cards in that time. I thought this might be a birthday card, but it looks more like a Valentines card to me.
Well, enough chit chat for today. It is Sunday afternoon and I am going to leave in a few minutes to meet a girl friend for lunch. We have been friends since we were 6 years old!
Be sure to check out the rest of the DT:
A Spoon Full Of Sugar - #88 Free Style
Belli Challenges - CBC83 - Hearts
Caardvarks- Red Heart Challenge
Fab & Funky - #8 any digi image or sentiment
Hand Full of Stamps - #14 I Give You My Heart
Little Paper Shop - LPSC#52 use Kraft, Red & Chocolate
Little Red Wagon - #13 Hearts
Magical Crafts - #7 -Valentines
Pile it On - # 4-enough of winter colors
Paper Sundaes - #3 Valentines
Saturday Challenge - #68 Hearts
Stampavie - #79 Love/Valentine
Stamp Simply - #124 Bleeding Hearts (red & hearts)
Stamp Something - Delightfully Delicious Somethings
Totally Papercraft - #1 Friends
- STAMPS: Coffee Talk digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Spot On Background by Close to My Heart, sentiment from Fire Cracker Designs
- PAPERS & CS: Image printed on Georgia Pacific white CS, Stampin' Up white & Chocolate Chip CS, Papertrey kraft CS
- INK: Stampin' Up Real Red & Creamy Caramel
- EMBELLISHEMENTS & TOOLS: Stampin' Up Real Red marker, Real Red & Chocolate Chip ribbon, DMC floss, paper piecer, Inkseentials white pen, Sakura Gelly Roll clear glitter pen
- TECHNIQUES: paper piecing, faux stitching